Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Kodable with Kindergarten

The Hour of Code initiative aimed to introduce the world of computer science to students through a variety of tools in the month of December. Some of the suggested apps included Kodable, Lightbot, Cargobot and Hopscotch. I was a little late to the party, but managed to introduce Lightbot to my 4th graders. I'll be posting about it soon.

Over the past several weeks, I have introduced Kodable to my Kindergarteners and 1st Graders. It's a great warm up activity or cool down activity for young minds. It has the feel of a game with cute animations and music, but teaches children to problem solve, sequence and plan. I've found it to be a little buggy with some freezing and inconsistent error messages, but generally this is a great FREE app.

No comments:

Post a Comment